Ski Touring Improvers
December - May
A course designed for those new to ski touring to help take it to the next level.
A 6 day course to take your ski touring to the next level.
Over six days you will ski some classic lines and have input from the AFMGA guide to help your ski touring really progress, and make the best of the conditions. The course will cover:
- How to interpret avalanche and weather forecasts alongside actual mountain snow conditions and decide where to ski safely and good terrain accordingly.
- Route selection and planning before the trip.
- Route selection for breaking trail.
- How to become highly skilled in the use of your essential avalanche equipment.
- How to ski on a glacier.
- Efficient up hill progress.
- Coaching on the down hill.
- Techniques and strategies for running harder lines.
You must have already done some ski touring and be happy with the basic's such as putting skins on and ascending, must have experience of skiing down red's easily and some blacks, and have had experience of off piste skiing in a range of conditions.
If your not sure if this is the right course for you feel free to email me for advice.
Additional costs not included in price
- Lift pass - if used
- Insurance (all clients must have their own insurance for skiing off-piste and ski touring))
- Equipment Hire (ski touring set up and transceiver, shovel and probe are required for this course all of which can be hired locally if needed)