Introduction to Ski Touring
December - March
learn the basics on an Introduction to ski touring course.
This course is led by IFMGA Mountain Guides over 4 days allowing you chance to embed the new skills you learn as well as making the best use of conditions. Our introduction to ski touring will help you to become independent ski tourers and enjoy the back country, covering the following:
- How to use skins, bindings and ski crampons effectively.
- Route selection.
- How to interpret avalanche and weather forecasts alongside actual mountain snow conditions and decide where to ski safely and good terrain accordingly.
- How to become highly skilled in the use of your essential avalanche equipment.
- Basic navigation skills.
The most important pre-requisite for this course is that you are keen and prepared to have a go. You will need to have experience of off piste and have skied off-piste in a range of conditions. This course is designed for those that have done no, or minimal, ski touring. You should be physically fit and be able to cope with a full day on the hill, which may involve ascending for around 3 hours.
If you are not sure if its the course for you email me for advcie.
ADDITIONAL COSTS NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE
- Lift pass If used
- Insurance (all clients must have their own insurance for skiing off-piste and ski touring))
- Equipment Hire (ski touring kit and transceiver, shovel and probe are required for this course, all of which can be hired locally if needed)